Sunday 8 July 2012

A new day

Today I have decided to begin a blog. I really have no idea what I am doing (I am over 40) but I will not let that stop me. I have a story to tell.

It's always hard to know where to start. I guess I just want to encourage others who are struggling with living life. I know I have struggled with this for many years, and it is only as I learn to accept myself for who I am that I have begun to stop struggling and enjoy living.

I have a background of major depression. I have been hospitalised and medicated as part of my treatment. I have spent countless hours with psychiatrists and psychologists, and have appeared out of the mist as a reasonably normal, stable adult, which surprises me when I really take time to think about it.

My story is going to be all over the place.  I will touch on some of my family history, although it will be very limited, as I don't want to hurt anyone who may stumble across this blog. It is more about me now, as I am, and how I have come to this place of  self-acceptance. It is the story of my journey day by day, as I continue to discover the person I am, the person I was created to be.

I am a Christian, a follower of Jesus, and that will impact my blog, but I hope that it won't stop you from reading it. I hope that my experience may somehow influence your belief in yourself, that you are a very special and precious person and that you have huge potential to influence others around you.

Thanks for reading so far.

Grace alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment